Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Life!


An exciting thing happened this Easter! My dogwood tree finally bloomed! I have been complaining about the fact that I have had this tree for about 4 years now, and it has never had a bloom. The leaves would come back every year, but no flowers to signify life! And on the weekend when we celebrate new life, I was given a gift! I have about 3 pink flowers at eye level and several at the very top of the tree!

And what is more special about this bloom is that the dogwood flower signifies the cross of Christ. Today that bloom shows the marks of Jesus on the cross, but tomorrow when it turns into a leaf, I can remember that Jesus did not stay on the cross, but that He is alive! What a blessing! A small thing like a dogwood bloom can be exciting if you look carefully and appreciate all that God has given us!

Happy Easter, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment