Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, November 13, 2014

New shoes and a new car!


I usually get new running shoes about once a year, which according to Nike is probably 6 months late.  But this year I did get a new pair about 3 months earlier than usual and by my standards, probably 3 months too late.  My shoes don't wear out up top, and they don't usually wear out on the bottom.  They wear out on the inside.

So my pink shoes, which still look  good, got me through several 5k's and a half marathon.  My purple shoes, which are the only ones that are worn on the bottom, got me through several 5k's, a marathon and all the training that goes into it, and a half marathon. The last race they ran in was in April 2014, but I have kept training in them until this October.  They actually were starting to hurt my feet.

The purple showing through was the final straw that made me turn in these shoes!


So I went and got a new pair of shoes that should get me through a half and a full and all of the training for them.

And part of the reason I have to train for another marathon (the first reason being I get a trip to LA out of this run!!) is that I have a new car and it does not have a 13.1 or 26.2 sticker on it!!  I now need to earn another sticker!  And since I plan on this really being my last full marathon, I had better not get rid of this car, ever!!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of car did you get? I got a new van 2 weeks ago because the transmission died in the old one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a used Trail Blazer, but still very nice. Is this your first new van since leaving SC?

      Delete