Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, July 28, 2014

Cabinet update

When I was young, one of my favorite books was "Bread and Jam for Frances."  It was about a girl who only wanted to eat bread and jam, so that is what her parents gave her.  All three meals, bread and jam.  I had the audio tape of the story in which Frances made up a rhyme while jump roping.  It went, "I am very tired of jam!"  Right now my rhyme would be "I am very tired of eating out!"

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  A very bumpy tunnel.  We received that cabinets about a week ago, but they were the wrong ones!  After visions of having to wait four more weeks for cabinets, and lots of calling back and forth, it was decided that the cabinets themselves were fine, just the doors were wrong.  So the cabinets went in and the work was on!  Counter tops were measured, and painting was started.  Then a hole was found in the wall along with a leaky copper pipe.  It was a great thing that it was found, or we may have had the same situation with our kitchen next summer!

So today, July 28, we have a kitchen full of cabinets with wrong cabinet doors; painted walls; fixed pipes; and the tile man is starting as I type!!  Yay!!





No comments:

Post a Comment