Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Halfway there!!

I have been training for a full marathon since September, and I have made it past the halfway point!  Since I have run a half marathon before, I am sort of used to that training.  I am now in uncharted territory!  With the marathon training I have been following, I have 3 "short" runs each week, and one long run.  The long run, according to what I have read, it the most important one to make sure I do.  I have been faithful with it and can tell that it is working.  At least so far.  I remember a month or so ago that 7 miles was very hard to run; but last week I ran over a half marathon.  I ran 14 miles on Sunday.  And I still could walk.

But what is making me nervous is what happens next.  To double that, well not quite double, may take different training.  Do I eat that gel stuff?  Not according to Shannon :)  Do I take water with me?  I will not, I repeat, will not wear a fanny pack of water bottles!!  And how far do I make my long run before the real thing?

I don't know.  But I do know that this weekend I have to run 16 miles.  So you may see me running all over West Ashley this weekend.  If you see me, just honk and don't offer me a ride :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! And the gels, goos, blocks are probably a good thing - if you use them in your training :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk to Rob! - He liked the gummy blocks by power bar. And he refuses to wear the fanny pack too!

    ReplyDelete