Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!


This is what Camden has been saying a lot these days...between the coughing and the nose blowing that is!  Flu hit our house this week, but on the positive side, it gave me more time to decorate the house :)  Although we haven't felt the greatest, we pulled together and got all the decorations up.  Even a few new ones! 
A new arrangement for the porch with twinkling red lights...my favorite addition this year!
I got Dave to hang a big wreath on the fireplace!  He did a good job.
Got to have our snowmen on the front table!
My new village...it was supposed to replace the old one for this year, but....
 
...the boys insisted.  And then I was going to not use the snow due to Champ's tail, but they also overrode that decision!  Nathan and Camden put the village together.
 
 
 
 
So, our house is decked for Christmas!  I can sit on my couch, look at the beautiful lights, relax, read Christmas stories to the boys, work on projects, and oh yeah, blow my nose.  The boys' week of the flu left me with a yucky cold.  But at least I have pretty things to look at while my head is in a fog.  And when my cold is over, I will enjoy it even more!

1 comment:

  1. Hate that the boys had the flu, but at least your spirits were lifted with the decorating :) Looks great! I'm with the boys - you have to have your real Christmas village out.

    ReplyDelete