Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Recipes, and more recipes!!




You would think that with my Southern Living book, that I would have enough recipes to try, but then the fall Southern Living magazine came in the mail!  This not only made me want to make these yummy apple-cinnamon-caramel muffins, but it even got us to drive to NC to pick the apples for the recipe!!  They were really good, although the caramel does melt into the muffin by the next day.  And the stems are just for looks :)





I do want to recap July and August recipes.  Either I was too busy to do much cooking, or the recipes weren't appealing, but I didn't cook as much from my book in the past two months. 

In July, I was able to make some burgers and some egg sandwiches.  I think I was too involved with camps that month!

In August, we had Not Yo Mama's Mac and Cheese!  It was good, however, the boys were not thrilled about the addition of prosciutto.  But any pasta with white Cheddar, Gouda and Parmesan is yummy!  The citrus tacos were ok; I think that I am too spoiled with Taco Spot and can't do any better!  The only other stand out were Lasagne Pizza Cups.  Canned biscuits, beef seasoned with pizza sauce and garlic and onion, ricotta cheese, all topped with mozzarella cheese.  Easy and good.  I even froze extra and sent them to school with Nathan. 

So on to September!  And lots more apple recipes with all my apples!




2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried this mac & cheese recipe? It's really good!
    http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/cheesyinfo/recipes/firmcheese/beechersworldsbestmaccheese.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Always wanting to try new recipes !

    ReplyDelete