Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kiss my grits!

Well, I was planning on being able to post pictures of Nathan covered in grits, but after driving to St. George for the World's Grits Festival, we missed the grits! We actually went up on Friday because I thought we would miss the crowds. We did miss the crowds, but we also missed the grits roll and the grits samples that were only on Saturday and Sunday. But I thought at least they would have lots of different booths selling grits made different ways. Nathan had big plans to eat grits for lunch. He had BBQ. Followed by fried oroes. It was like we were at the fair!

Therefore no pictures of grits...so I will post our Easter pictures. The boys and I picked up my parents and made the trip to Memphis. (Dave had to stay home with Champ and put up the invisible fence) We broke it up both ways, so it was not too bad. We had lots of family fun over the weekend and a great Easter service on Sunday. The one day we were able to get the kids to dress in nice clothes....

1 comment:

  1. The Grits festival was one of our favorite things to go to each year!! You'll have to do the 5K grits run next year :)

    Love the picture of all the cousins in the tree. And tell Nathan I like his hat!

    And as for Champ - sounds like he needs to be your new running partner so you can wear him out. Hope he doesn't do any major damage to your house.

    ReplyDelete