Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Joseph

I did something out of my comfort zone this year...I agreed to play the part of Mary in our church's Christmas program. I am not sure how I did with my role, but it turned out to be fun. It also made me think about Mary and her role in the Christmas story. She usually has a big part, especially when she has to hold a real baby and make sure he doesn't cry! And she is honored in many ways, even to the point of worship by some. But tonight I was reading a devotion on Joseph and it gave me pause. Mary did find favor with God and she did accept her responsibility, but after she was pregnant, she really had no choice. But Joseph, he had a choice. Granted when an angel appears to you, it probably is hard to say no! But still, he married a girl that most people thought had cheated on him. He did so because God told him to. He had to have been a strong, godly man. My prayer this night is that my two sons will grow up to trust God and follow God no matter what, just like Joseph.
Elizabeth and Mary
The whole cast, including Joseph!

No comments:

Post a Comment