Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary!



I want to say Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband! We married 18 years ago on May 16. Yes I am a little late in this anniversary wish! We were able to go away again on our anniversay weekend, and it has been busy since we came back. May always is!

Our weekend was in Waynesville, NC. I bought a deal on Living Social a while back, and we used it. We left on Friday, dropped the boys in Columbia with my parents, and drove to the mountains. We had no plans except a massage on Saturday. That night we decided to drive up to the Blue Ridge Parkway before dinner. This was the one place I was going to take pictures. But as you may can tell, there were no pictures taken. At the first overlook, Dave noticed the van was dripping. He then discovered that the radiator was leaking! We were not really in the picture mood after that!

Dave, my mechanic-minded husband, was able to get us down the mountains to the first auto part store listed on the GPS. It was also across from a Firestone service center. They gave us an estimate and told us to come back in the morning. To make a long story short, Dave decided he could stop the leak temporarily (it was at the top), and we drove home praying and with our eyes on the temperature gauge. He replaced it today and saved us about $300! What memories! And I am very glad we did not have to spend the night on the parkway because of an exploded radiator!!

1 comment: