Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Camden's new room

Tonight has not gone as I had it planned in my mind, but it has gone much better! I had plans on straightening up my pictures so that I can move on to 2010, but our friend and his son came by to help Dave move our new hutch into the kitchen. Of course I had to supervise that happen! Around 10:30 when he left and Dave was talking to our neighbor walking his dog, a car stopped in front of our house and friends of ours from about 10 years ago were driving through their old haunts and caught us outside (hi Patty since I know you are reading this!). We spent about 30 minuttes catching up with them and had a great chat.

So since I had a very surprising and wonderful evening, I thought I would sit down and blog while Dave is putting my hutch together. You would think I would show you the hutch, but that will have to wait. I want to talk about Camden's new room.

Last year my spring cleaning started in the spring, but didn't end until the fall. This was due to painting, peeling wallpaper, more painting, etc. This year I have smaller plans that centered on cleaning the boys' closets and getting rid of stuff! In the process we revamped Camden's room. Gone is the toddler bed! He was not too keen on that to begin with, but has started enjoying the extra space in his room.


Camden's new bed ensemble. Same color scheme and animal theme, but bigger boy looking.

I love the sheets!

We brought the toybox down from upstairs and he had to keep his tent up!

Look how neat the inside of the toy box is...well at least how it was when I took the picture!

His closet is also neater than it used to be!

So with the boys closets cleaned out and toys given away, my spring cleaning is done. But wait, I have a new hutch! I have to rearrange my kitchen! And why not redo the cabinets while we are at it!!! This could go on well into the fall!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! Love the tent! Poor Drew has nothing in his room. I'm waiting til he gets out of his crib :)

    Looking forward to seeing your new kitchen redo. Post some pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete