Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nathan turns 10!



Double digits!! Wow! He was so excited tonight that he could not fall asleep! I can't believe that 10 years ago he was born. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl (not our choice, Nathan's!), and were delighted when I delivered a baby boy. Dave said that as soon as he came out, he lifted his head up and looked all around the room. He has not stopped being curious since then. He is truly a special son. Our first, and one that will always keep us on our toes. He is smart and at times a little sassy about this. But he continues to have a sensitive heart that is ready to share and tries to listen to God speaking to him. He loves to play baseball and sword fights, and he thinks that he is ready to shoot a deer with Dave. Since he cries at any sad part of a movie, I am thankful there has been no deer shot. I think that would bring him to tears.



He is definitely growing up, but is still enjoys getting Mickey's autograph and hugging on Eeyore! He also loves his stuffed animals. I am so happy to see how he is growing up, since I cannot stop him! So far, he is turning out to be an awesome young man. I love you Nathan! Happy 10th birthday!!!

Mommy

Nathan's 3rd birthday party

Nathan recently wrote a story for school. It goes like this...

A 13 story tower soars over Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Tower of Terror! Legend says that one cold and stormy Halloween night a streak of lightning struck the Hollywood Tower Hotel! Mysteriously half of the hotel vanished and 5 people freefell in an elevator and they were never seen again.

One night when in Disney we all planned on going on it, but only 4 did. These brave souls were my Mom, my Aunt, my Uncle, and me. When we got in the elevator suddenly the chain broke sending us on a 13 story freefall. I live to tell this story, but some aren't so lucky.

-Nate Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nathan, or I guess Nate!!
    What a writer you have - maybe another Stephen King :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So were we the unlucky ones?! ... Love that boy!

    ReplyDelete