Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Out with the burgundy...

in with the blue! When we married, burgundy and hunter green were the rage. After starting with one set of colors, it is hard to switch without a lot of expense. And we had gotten used to the colors. Our first Christmas tree was all burgundy and green. No other colors allowed, especially red! But times change and so do tastes. Our room is painted a faux suede forest green which I actually still like. But I have been seeing the new blue color schemes in some homes I visit for work. So I found some pillows that had blue, green and brown in them. I was in luck! Then I covered our valances with material that had blue and green in it. After the bathroom was finished, I made a curtain for it and found pictures to replace our burgundy scheme ones. After seeing how well the new pictures went with my bathroom curtain, I then replaced the valance material again! Now we just have to finish the painting in the vanity part of our room and the trim touch ups. Our bedroom is getting a face lift along with the bathroom. I love it and just had to share!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I need to find some pictures for my bedroom walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! looks good!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete