Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, October 9, 2009

Our new house project!


Well, we have finally started a new house project-or should I say Dave has started one and I am taking pictures! He tore out the tub and toilet part of the master bath (years ago he redid the vanity/sink part and that is staying the same!). The last project he finished was our guest/boys bathroom. This took a little less than a year to complete and I finally was able to get him to finish it because Camden was about to be born! The worst part of having the guest bath unusable was that all our company (and there was a lot!) had to use the bathroom in our room! This was especially annoying in the middle of the night when people had to go to the potty! Woke up this pregnant girl everytime it happened!

I also remember Dave vowing in frustration that next time we had a remodel job, he was going to hire someone to do it, no matter what it cost!

Almost 3 years later we have forgotten the headaches and are ready to begin again! At least this time noone will be traipsing through our room in the middle of the night-I just have to remember to go next door and not into the empty potty room if I get up in the night! Camden had liked using our potty instead of his, and now he keeps saying "no potty in there?" Soon, son, soon, I hope!

Duirng the demolition, Dave unearthed an interesting artifact.


The Grand Old Drink of the South! I thought that was sweet tea!




My grandaddy used to say that all painters drank because painting will drive a person to drink. Well putting in tubs must do the same because Dave found an empty bottle of Southern Comfort whiskey under the tub! I really hope this project does not drive him to drink!!

2 comments: