Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Vermont flowers

 



One thing we noticed a lot is that the flowers in Vermont are beautiful!  At least in September.  Down here in SC, most of the flowers are drying up due to the heat, but up there they are flourishing.

On the way to Rhode Island, we did take a detour through Wilmington.  Not the best stop for lunch or shopping, but the flowers were amazing there too.





Twins for the day




 


This picture makes even Jennifer's feet look big!

This route was supposed to give us the best chance of seeing fall leaves, but we still saw mainly green leaves.







After our disaster at the Stardust Motel, we had another pre-race pizza dinner.  I wasn't deadset on pizza, but who can skip Mystic Pizza!



The Mystic drawbridge

Sunday was my rainy solo half.  And while I was running, Jenn and Mom were eating breakfast and driving around Watch Hill looking for Taylor Swift's house.  No Taylor, but they did see plenty of big houses and boats.  If I had run the race route, I would have run through there too.  I'm sure Taylor and Travis would have been out there cheering for me!



They tried the Westerly, RI famous soupy, a spicy pork sausage.  They gave some to me, but maybe cool soupy isn't how you are supposed to eat it, because it wasn't my favorite.








We finished the two days of racing, but thankfully, we still had time for more sightseeing!








No comments:

Post a Comment